Monday, October 7, 2013

Mentoring

Mentoring is such a good way to give back.

I have found a couple of interesting links to help guide my mentoring activities. I have also been reading a few books on the subject.


I am thinking to use some formality with the mentoring role which I am engaging along with the informal. While it is up to the mentee to drive the relationship, I would like to use tools and assessments available such as:
  • StrengthsFinder 2.0
  • Personality Type (AVA & Myers'-Briggs)
  • Leadership Style
  • Management Style
  • Communication Style
  • Learning Style
Using structured items such as these to guide the conversation may be beneficial as they often have suggestions for improvement as well as established activities.  

As of today, I have three people I am mentoring and I am being mentored by someone as well. Two of the three mentees have already taken the StrengthsFinders assessment and the third just received the book.

No comments: