Monday, December 16, 2013

Christmas Family Update

We have made some great progress working on making this Christmas a nice one for the family we found in Oregon City. I have seen notes from the mother of this family which indicate she is so very thankful which just makes me want to do more.

Here is the current detailed list since it looks like some of you are helping or supporting in some way. The grey shaded items we have picked up already but the girls likely could always use a little more LalaLoopsie, My Little Pony, and Strawberry Shortcake stuff, right?


While the church is bringing them some food supplies that may another area we may help. Here is my reference list of categories of items to consider. I can't ever think of what to buy or give without a list.
  • Baking Supplies (nuts, chocolate chips, cake mixes, cooking oil, sugar, flour)
  • Canned Vegetables & Soups
  • Canned or Dried Fruits
  • Proteins (canned meats, chili, peanut butter, jams & jellies)
  • Grains (cereal, stuffing, crackers, potatoes, rice, pasta)
  • Spices & Condiments (salt & pepper, mayonnaise, mustard, ketchup, margarine, pickles, olives)
  • Beverages (canned, boxed, and bottled juices, coffee, tea, soft drinks, hot chocolate)
  • Sweets (candy, cookies, jello, pudding)
  • Cleaning Supplies (laundry products, dish soap, sponges, garbage bags)
  • Paper Products & Food Storage (toilet paper, paper towels, Kleenex, napkins, foil, plastic bags)
It looks like I will be having a wrapping party at my house on the 22nd and deliver the presents on Monday the 23rd.

I am so thankful this family is letting us share their Christmas.

1 comment:

Paula-at-Large said...

My friend/co-worker Nate is taking care of getting stockings!